Sunday, July 7, 2013

simple is always enough

 a lot of times, i feel am being pushed to strive for "more."  even in my faith it can feel that way.  everyday, i step into the demands with all the good intentions - all i want is to make the most of this one life you have given me.  but then, i find myself weary and wondering if you are disappointed with me, because i just cannot keep up.  i cannot be "enough."

i have to be the best sister, aunt, teacher, guru, girlfriend (bwahahaha!)  or i will be a disappointment.  i must impact the most lives of those in need or i fall short.  i should produce more than anyone else or i am wasting my talents, my gifts.

i realize now, more than ever, that this mindset is rooted in a culture that says:  more is better.  and biggest is best.
 but it is not your way, instead, you want me to specifically, strategically, simply do what you put me on earth to do.
i read from somewhere that "handiwork" is actuallly more accurately translated as "poem"  and poems are not about "more is better."  instead, they are about intentionally, carefully, beautifully placed words to create something one-of-a-kind.  and i know now, for sure, that my life is the same, you already know the poem and all you ask of me is love and obedience.
now, i embrace a life that is a simple poem, full of divine purpose and glory, and that, for sure, is always enough.

thank you!  ilysm!  ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments: