Monday, October 17, 2011

i met my hero, now, he knows my name!

last week, i experienced one of the most exhilarating, breath-taking, thrilling feelings in the world!  i got to host the visit of one national artist!  bienvenido lumbera, mang bien, for those close to him.  a recipient of the ramon magsaysay award for journalism, literature and creative communications.  winner of numerous literary awards, including the national book awards from the national book foundation and the carlos palanca memorial awards.  and the list goes on. . .


but i just didn't meet him.



i got his autograph.


i got my picture taken with him.

i listened to him speak.
i talked with him.



i hosted a dinner for him.
i got to know the person behind the name.

it was amazing!

but i think one of the coolest thing about it, the thing that really struck me, was that he now knows MY name - bidibidi.  (he even learned to pronounce it correctly!  bwahahaha!)  he took interest in me as an individual, even though i was feeling very insignificant while i was having the jitters of anticipation of meeting a hero, the feeling of being small in the presence of a great person.



the day ended leaving me feeling special, not because of what i had done, but because of the way he had taken me in his circle.  and taken interest in me personally.  and this was one of many ways i see and feel joy!
ps.  i even made him laugh with my jokes!  bwahahaha!  


pps.  my thanks to: kristian, OsacnaB, fr. eric, bing, butchog, ibyang, bembot, the baao children's choir, of course to my la huerta crew: virgie, lalaine, jr, sandy, inggay.  my joy was possible because of you!  life is good!











No comments: