Saturday, October 1, 2011

the gift of the simple and the ordinary


this morning, i wrote on my journal early, before the break of dawn.  it was a bit of a toss n turn sleep, he was causin' and i was not mindin'.  bwahahaha!  i love everythin' he does to me, also makin' me silly...

part of my morning ritual and has been for sometime, is to write an acknowledgement of the blessings that come my way, everyday.  and today, my morning started with the usual, and then i wrote, "thank you for every situation in my life, because it is a way of learning...a way of creating...who i am."  so however strange my situation is, my connection, my liaison with him, i am thankful and grateful, too.  afterall, my life is but the fulfillment of His design.

i was at my eden early, too.  i love having breakfast here at la huerta, where everything is beautiful, and am not just sayin'.


i love the meanderings that my twist and turn path grant me, and i chanced upon a patch of weeds that were bloomin' this time of year.  and they bring to mind a line i read somewhere that says:  "one of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats."  

so for today, i am thankful for:

21.  the simple and ordinary blooms that make my eden complete. they surely are a treat! 



No comments: