Sunday, October 27, 2013

artful living



the shoppe smells strong of paint and wood. from a distance, i hear one cell phone playing soft music, one of my F.A.R.M.ers listens as he does the F.A.R.M. beings.  as i look from my swivel chair, behind my laptop, i had the compulsion to touch it all, take it all in:  my walls lined with vintage buttons still on their original stock cards with their respective stock nos., the mosaic tiled table stuffed with textured buhi fabrics, behind me shelves hold rows upon rows of shoe boxes filled to the brim with buttons ready to be taken and coaxed for any upsurge of inspiration. . .sometimes, i get to listen to the clinks my fave buttons make when i get to take them out their jar-homes.  this place simply tells myriad stories, thicker than the paint in the air.


the wooden panelled divider which serves as my design and display area and christmas wall (funny how jay says it:  so, it is not going to be a christmas tree, but a christmas wall, as i told him my decor plans for the holidays.  bwahahaha!) separates my shoppe from the gallery, where art works are hang and shown and sold.  

that room overflows with furniture, pattern, wood and a cacophony of things and memories collected from travels and friendships across time and space.


years back, this area was just a place where things i rather not look at, are kept.  now, it is a space where all the stuff my life is made of, well, nearly all, are seen and are regularly visited  by the self, by friends and by strangers.  strange how time dictate upon one's story.  bwahahaha!
i have always dreamed of having these three things in my life and i remember writing them down on one of my old journals:  a garden, a gallery and a foundation.  little did i know then, that i was actually up for the pursuit and the adventure and more.  it took a couple of years to make me realize that those visions are becoming, right before my very eyes.  and i get to know this for sure:  the universe conspires to let me live my dreams, as if it sees through me, my passions and my heart's desires.

i had the dream, and i was not afraid to make them come true.  my farm (La Huerta de Rosario), my gallery (Cafe des Artes), my shop (The F.A.R.M. Shoppe) and my bevy of scholars. . .they all have allowed me to live this one artful and beautiful life.  and i am grateful.
life is indeed good!  bwahahaha!

No comments: