Sunday, October 20, 2013

shine bright like a diamond!

i find it funny that i know people who feel embarrassed when they receive compliments.  they, however, remind me of how i would feel when somebody would say i got beautiful eyes, or that i did great in anything.  it had to take some time listening to ernst, my friend, who would not have a negative word about me, even when he sees me just off the sheets when we used to have early morning chats.  well, of course he has not seen me blow my top off over the stupidity of a lot of motorcycle drivers.  bwahahaha! 
but seriously, he was the one who would always point the good in me and never got tired doing so.  i once asked him why i never hear those compliments from people here in my turf, and he joked when he told me, maybe men in the philippines are blind?  bwahahaha!  
anyway, this weekend brought this thought back to me, because as i work my way to being fit and trim, i realize that there are also people who are genuinely happy for others. so for this weekend, i have made myself know these for sure:
there is just no justice in downplaying my gifts and minimizing my successes, nor in trying to skim over my strengths with, "oh, that was nothing."
it was nothing?  it was the spark of the force within me!  for crying out loud.  bwahahaha!
i was created to be shining bright!  we all were.  (shine bright like a diamond!  bwahahaha!  so apt.)
there is simply no time to be listening to the whiners, the discouragers, the critics, the good-in-your-life-makes-me-feel-bad crowd.
there is simply nothing to worry about.  those gifts, those successes, they are not reasons for an apology, they are reasons for gratitude and celebration!
so i hold my head high and keep that joy in my heart.
i let my light shine!  it is the proper response to what the force has done for and through me.
and if anyone tells me to tone it down - they can take that up with him.  bwahahaha!
meanwhile, i know life is good and i shine bright like a diamond. 

No comments: