Wednesday, November 6, 2013

embracing smallness

youth have always made me rely on the self when presented with choices.  maybe it brings with it the feeling of invincibility.  i guess, one of the gifts of age (aside from wisdom and some grey hair.  bwahahaha!) is the realization that my choices need not be without anchor, no roots.
today, i know this for sure:  my choices are more rooted in truth and acceptance.  

i move with confidence in my smallness, i.e., as opposed to the magnitude of it all, (this explanation was necessary.  bwahahaha!), as i face my loneliness, my excitement, my occasional anxiety and my inabilities.
i find some strength to resist the urge to despise my weaknesses, instead, i bring them all up to you.
there are times when my soul feels frantic, and my list feels long, but during these moments, i take time to listen and remember where my hope springs from.
life is good  and you give me hope!  bwahahaha!

No comments: