Monday, May 7, 2012

living the dream

there is a tragedy in this world today.  most people are not living their dreams, and the reason is simple:  fear.  they are scared to be who they are.
my feet are on the ground as i reach for my stars
that is quite understandable.  i underwent the same scary process.  when i endeavoured to find my life's work, i faced a lot of risks: i could fail.  i could lose the respect of my friends.  i could go broke.
there was this possibility that i could mess up in a hundred different ways.  but - and this is crucial -   i could also succeed!!!  and until i started living my calling, i was robbing the world of a gift.
path to my open air studio
i spent years procrastinating, until, i finally pursued my dream:  i decided to farm and make art.  to my surprise, my success found me more quickly than expected.  i built la huerta de rosario, established F.A.R.M. by bidibidi enterprise, opened a gallery - Cafe des Artes, founded burikbutikan artists collective, and just recently, mounted my first solo exhibit as an artist - un reve de boheme.  all these within a span of four years.
un reve de boheme - 1 april 2012
how did this happen?  simple.  i believed in the dream before it happened.  i did not wait for fear to go away (it never does, anyway).  i started living into the reality i was longing for.
i still sew my patchwork quilts from recycled fabrics - 60 to make in 10 years
i remember being asked several times on what my dream was, and i knew early on what they were (i had more than one.  bwahahaha!).  so, i declared them openly - amidst jeers and sneers.  i was bent to make them happen.
i also recall one affirmation i said to myself:  i do not have to want to be an artist, i am.  i just need to make art.  
and i did, after i got tutored.  bwahahaha!  thank you!
these words resonated in my soul.  i realized that before i could expect others to believe something about me, first i would have to believe it myself.
got this on my 48th, and i i got a san miguel on my 49th.  thank you!
and i believed it!  and there is a word for this:  it is called faith.  i trusted in the gift.  and this has brought me through fire and high waters, into my destiny.
two things i realized, too:  
real failure is not as bad as i imagine it.
when i pursue my passion, the universe makes room for my dream.
artworks done my students adorn my wall
i never stopped believing in my dreams.  and until i started living them, they were only my dreams.  now, i live the life i have dreamed of living and am loving it!
  
 
 

No comments: