Wednesday, December 14, 2011

secret revealed

i have had more than my share of accolades, praises, honours, (not that i have grown tired of them, i won't!  bwahahaha!  i have been born to be outstanding!  and that is not just a statement), about my paradise, my haven, my refuge.  la huerta has been called the best of names, most of them true (am being modest here.  bwahahaha!)  the lush, verdant and flourishing gardens have earned a lot of positive critiques, good reviews.  the food served at the restaurant has been creating raves, and has put the place in the "must visit" list of camsur, has also turned pilgrims out of tourists.  bwahahaha!  the ambiance, the mood, the atmosphere have all made both locals and not, wish they have a piece of this eden.  and behind all these, i hold a secret very dear to my heart.

so for this week that has been so hectic, frantic and wild, which almost caused me to forget this my gratitude entry, i would like to reveal the secret behind the success of la huerta, and how i am grateful of these blessings that come in the different shapes and sizes of the three women in my life.

32.  inggay - funny, impish and small, with a booming voice, a ready retort and a contagious laughter.  she makes sure my path is strewn with flowers when i visit, which is almost everyday.  bwahahaha!  she tends to my plants, my clothes and everything in between.

33.  lalaine - tall and lanky, always with a ready smile, she manages my kitchen and makes sure my pet poultry does no invasion.  bwahahaha!  she not only makes breakfast for my guests, she makes mine, too, 24/7.  bwahahaha!

34.  virgie - do not let her serious demeanour fool you.  she commandeers the la huerta fleet with authority, but is ready with her own version of humour, most of them from papanards.  bwahahaha!  a steady supply of avocado, jackfruit and guyabano from her, and when that runs out, she brings the seeds, too!  so my future orchard would have been from her.  bwahahaha!

my cup of gratitude overflows, with the thought that these three women in my life have made sure i nurture my passions and let me live my dreams.  this is my secret revealed.

No comments: