Thursday, December 8, 2011

my diary that is very me

i have spent time thinking
what sort of journal 
should i like mine to be?

i have used all types of notebooks, 
papers - loose or otherwise.
but i would like my diary
to be a thing where i can be free,
that i can be myself, 
express and say anything,
scribble, doodle, whatever.
i like it to be neat, not slovenly
and very, very me.

my journal should be resilient, 
and supple embrace anything
somber, sad or glum
slight and minor, maybe trivial
of course beautiful, 
that comes into my mind.

i should like it to resemble
some capacious and ample hold-all,
in which i can glue and paste my odds and ends
to remind me of places, faces and experiences.

maybe, when i come back after a year or two,
i will find my collection of this and that
and mysteriously transport me back in time,
to the incredible moment,
its magic unbroken, by promises broken,
transparent enough to reflect the light of my life.

the main requisite, i think, 
of my journal, chronicle, diary,
is not to play the part of a censor,
but to take my words and letters,
my drawings and colours,
as the mood comes or of anything whatever,
and when the morrow comes,
i would be curious to read and find
how i went for things put in haphazard,
and how i found the significance to die.
oh no, just lie.


















ps.  ilysm.  thank you for the colours!
pps.  my diary jacket is exclusively F.A.R.M.

No comments: