Sunday, February 23, 2014

joie de vivre

there is just reason and time for everything.  and i notice, i am blessed with a keen recognition of what brings joy in this living. . .the true kind.  and it is all because i have a grateful heart.

last night, after our tuscan affair at the farm, it was dark but i could still see the trees, i was overflowing with appreciation and thankfulness, as i walked by the forest i have planted about four years ago.  i noticed i was breathless, and was actually in tears of joy! my trees have grown so tall! and i just could not put in words my amazement.  i know i planted those trees,  but what came out of my simple act and activity, was this magnificent sight and experience.



i went near the closest tree and felt its roughness, how it must have weathered all the seasons of its life. suddenly, i can feel energy rushing in through me.  this always happens and it is always inexplicable.  do not ask me about it. bwahahaha!

so for this weekend, these are my thoughts:

when i walk among my trees and touch them, my soul is filled with music, with quiet reassurance.  i look up and can see just enough blue sky to remind me not to give up hope and trust, even after listening to the weatherman about the cycles of cyclones.  bwahahaha!

when friends show up and let me be who i already am, with my limits as well as my potentials, i see my willingness to receive the evening as it is and know that what is best is what transpires.  and did!  there is joy in surrender!  and i remember, no matter how weary i might feel every afterwards, i know that i, just like you are, am just the brush and the brushstroke and the true artist has already made his masterpiece in me.
life is good!

No comments: