Sunday, May 12, 2013

it is okey to believe i am beautiful!

i sometimes catch myself standing in front of the mirror and tilt my head from side to side.  i have not often done this when i was younger.  back then, i could not care less how my profile is.  but this double and triple chins, they make me look in the mirror more often now.  bwahahaha!
but not all the time, that is what i see in the mirror.  often, i can picture that girl back then with the straight hair and a zit on her cheek never wondering if her smile will be enough to win her a spot at a table in the college cafeteria.
sometimes, i have to admit, i compare what i see in the mirror to the standards our culture puts out there for women.  am not thin enough, do not wear make up at all, my hair?  i have this perpetual do that i sport.  bwahahaha!  and i know, i fail in all those aspects.
this morning though, as i look in the mirror, the questions i usually ask quiet, instead, whispered to my heart:  the way you look is not for you,  it is for your purpose!  huh? bwahahaha!  i am a custom design by the force,  and i wonder what was on his mind when he created me.  bwahahaha!
i look in the mirror again and i see differently.  the round cheeks on my face that i sometimes wish were not there make me look kind ( and i am, promise.  bwahahaha!)  my brown eyes say:  trust me.  the crazy patch of grey hair on both sides of my forehead, that never ever stay where it is supposed to be, says:  i am a little bit messy, too.  could all these things be purposely placed by the force? they must be, right?  (answer, please.  bwahahaha!)
then that matters more than what the world says about who i should be, how i should look.  i believe as a woman that i am to honour and take care of this body, but i do not have to feel pressured to be someone i am not.
i am wonderfully made, a divine design, a work of art.  who i am and how i look is intentional, chosen with care.
i am beautiful, and it is okey to believe i am so.  bwahahaha!  (permission granted by the self, too.) 
after all, i disagree with what they say that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, what i know for sure is, beauty is in the eyes of the creator.

No comments: