Sunday, May 26, 2013

incomparable

sometimes, i find it so easy to look at the woman across the room, across the aisle at church, across the www and think, i should be more like that woman.
sometimes, i find it effortless to compare clothes, talents, how many friends one has on fb.
sometimes, i crave for validation and think, surely, i can be the people i admire, then, i will have it!
sometimes. . .
but i know better not to compare myself to anyone:  not that friend who has a pink mansion, nor the other one who gets to jetset every now and then, nor even the small person whose size makes her look like a girl, and who floods her page with her trying-hard stance as a model.  bwahahaha!  to make the point clearer, not even that old lady who goes to church daily and speaks like she has a direct line to jesus while i feel like i am dialing the wrong number half the time.  not to any of those - or any other woman who has ever been or ever will be.  bwahahaha!
when i gave my life to him, i became a new creation.  in other words, i was made into something the world has never seen before and never will again.  i have often said this before, but i think it is important that i say it again, because i know a lot of women who struggle so much with comparison.
so now i shoutout:  i am a one-of-a-kind masterpiece, a custom design, a work of art. and when there is only one of something, it is impossible to compare it!  that means there is only one me, i cannot be compared!
so, what do i do, instead?  i be the me he created, called and redeemed.
i develop my strengths, discover my gifts, do whatever i can to serve with what i have.  i display him in my living fully alive, by beautifully reflecting the part of his image he has crafted in me.
so i give myself permission to stop comparing.  and instead celebrate who i am and the force that made me this way.  then, i let my heart feel his incomparable joy!
thank you!

No comments: