Saturday, February 16, 2013

this thing called love

i have always entertained this in my mind. . .i have always longed to feel loved just as i am.
i remember a time, a morning, when i have just risen from bed, my hair a mess, the early morning sunlight streaming through my bedroom capiz window, and looked in the mirror and said to myself, will there ever be someone in the future, before the grey conquers this crown, who would say, "hey, beautiful!"  bwahahaha!
maybe i will never understand this: what happened with love looking past the immediate and see in one glance not just what is right in front it, but the essence of a person?  i do not think love should make me doubt my self-worth because of names and labels.
i was thinking, the person who would profess love for me would see beyond the tangled hair, the sleepy eyes, the ragged night dress because of love.  i was somehow wrong.
but then, you came into my life, and you see things differently.  i stand before you with my messy life, my bare soul and i was certain there was no beauty to behold.  but you catch me by surprise, you looked my way and say, hey, beautiful!
you sprung the stars into space so that i may never feel alone again, knowing there is this magnificent universe that is always there with me.  when i feel weak, you walk me through the forest i planted and along the trees, and when i touch them, you fill me up again.  you call my name when i feel so lost and you also did, even before i knew it.  and you pursue me relentlessly and passionately.
no matter how i may look and feel, you see me through your eyes of love, my messy me, my grey hair, those everywhere curves and all.  bwahahaha!  you make me feel i have been chosen, i am wanted, cherished and loved.  now and after.
no make-up. messy hair, messy life, too.
i am made beautiful by your love.  thank you for being my everyday valentines. 

No comments: