Saturday, June 16, 2012

wealthy living

"a farmer never has a perfect year, but he is always striving for one."  
when i read this line in one of the blogs i frequent, i could not agree more!  how unburdening, actually liberating, it is that someone said the exact words that captured what i have been through, year in and year out.  bwahahaha!
how many times have i been through the feeling of helplessness and surrender?  just yesterday, there was really no choice for me but to surrender!  there was this impending danger of a weather disturbance, and although all the weather agencies were saying the typhoon will not be making a landfall anywhere near my farm, i could not just sit, sleep and relax!
i farm. . . and i work with land and sky and all the elements, world beyond my control!  everyday, well, most days, i walk through paths etched on the ground by my farm gear, cam in hand, always trying to capture the essence of temporariness.  
but there are just things and moments at the farm, stories i do not know the endings to, things i cannot take pics of, nor understand.  some things just are.
sometimes, people interrupt and disrupt my life by saying:  you better love it, because it sure will not make you rich.  i may not always shake my head in disagreement, most of the time, i just smile at them, but deep inside, i am screaming:  i disagree!


years now living the farm life, i know what i am saying, there are two kinds of wealth.  and farming makes me the real rich!  bwahahaha!
your being in my life makes me the wealthiest!  bwahahaha!  thank you!  ilysm!  ♥ ♥ ♥
  

No comments: