Sunday, June 10, 2012

i am an artist

i am convinced i am an artist.  bwahahaha!

sometimes, i am thinking, maybe i should not be making art posts, maybe these are not for me.  yes, i am the creative type, but i am more a farm girl.  bwahahaha!  and well, that may be true.  i know i can be a bold and ridiculous person to clump all types of art together, tho am not the i-paint-for-a-living nor the just-plain-living type.  and that is what i have been doing here.  i think i overlap a lot in many ways.  



 i farm, make art, play, write, teach, play music, teach music, make love not war. . .ooooops, bwahahaha!  but yes, i now sit, tapping on my lappy and thinking, oh my, they just overlap in many ways!  



for example, i do not cook, but i run a huge kitchen and crew, and if am lucky, in a month's time, i feed around five hundred people!  bwahahaha!  and it is not just feeding, people!  am talking about events that i host and i organize.  and most of all, sometimes, it is about feeding a soul, too!  so there is this food business that i am in, and it is the last thing i imagine myself doing, for the love of god almighty!  bwahahaha!  but i notice, i am good at it, and people just love to come to my place and eat!  and i get to think about it, i realize that when i am in the kitchen, and setting the table and the venue, i create.  i am free.  i make art.
there are times, too, when i do not have guests and i dine alone, these times see me thinking and reflecting, and i am not perfect, i notice.  (hello?  bwahahaha!)  i sometimes catch myself barking orders and forget to say please.  i do not always feel loving and hardworking.  
sometimes, i just want to sit and read and listen to my new collection of hand-me-down music and dream.. .but i notice, too, my life is my canvass, and my love and passions are my brushes!  balk at me if you want to, and call me a rainbow or a dreamer, but i make art everyday.

it is not just the paints and it is not just the farm.  life is art.  and i see that everyday.  i never doubt that my life is my art, how i live, everyday, in my world that is packed with miracles.  
and i am a miracle myself with my now aging brown eyes, my gorgeous smile that show some lines and my infectiously loud but lovely laughter.  bwahahaha!  it is not about art school or making a living with a paintbrush.  i mean, it can be that, and it can be that wonderful!  but it is more.  it is so much more.
so today, i am grateful that i see that:   61.  my life is my art and my art is my life!

and that you are in my life, makes it perfectly beautiful!  ilysm!  ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments: