Sunday, January 8, 2012

36. pink blooms

i have been lazing around the whole day.  it is sunday,  am i supposed to do that?  naah.  i can never get used to not doing anything!  why is it?  bwahahaha!  but i also recognize my need to rest!  is not that funny?  well, today, i succumbed.  i did what the rest of humanity does on a sunday.  bwahahaha!  
so while not feeling guilty about not doing anything (not exactly true, as i played with some creative ideas, too), i found it quite mysterious that i should grapple with my gratitude thoughts for this weekend.  i got hold of my cam and reviewed some shots i took at la huerta and there!  voila!  i got what i needed to have my gratitude post for this weekend.  sometimes, when i think so hard, the harder it is for my thoughts to come.  bwahahaha!  funny but true.
today, i am grateful for:
36. the pink wild blooms that make rosario's path beautiful this time of year.
i remember when i first saw the plant some seven years ago, during my morning walks to salvacion - san vicente.  i would always have paul with me then, who either drives my wrangler and follows me, (in case i get tired that i would need a ride back home) or brings a basket and a pair of shears for my botanical treasure hunts.  i would go down small streams, under the then unfinished bridge, so i can look up the high embankment and check for indigenous ferns and plants.  and on one of these hunting trips, i spotted this beautiful-looking plant with leaves having red underside.  i didn't know then, that it flowers.  
i asked paul to get some specimen for me, so i can adopt it and transplant it on the garden i was planting - now la huerta.  it was such a wonderful surprise to see my adopted plant grow and bloom during the cold months of dec - feb.
today, as i walked along rosario's path, the delicate pink blooms of my fave wild plant, whose name i have yet to know, never fail to make me smile and make the gray days brighter.  its beauty has undoubtedly made la huerta an eden.  
and so for this, i am grateful.  

ps.  ilysm i know you know it!  ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments: