Saturday, December 27, 2008

what am thankful for – this christmas and everyday


am thankful for
not having everything
my heart desires
coz if i did,
what would i look forward to?




am thankful that
i do not know everything
for if i did,
what is there to learn?

am thankful for
those difficult times,
when I thought giving up was easier,
but those were the times
to grow.


am thankful for
all the challenges,
big or small
they build my strength,
my character.



am thankful for
my mistakes,
valuable lessons
do come right away,
after.

am thankful when
i get tired, weary,
tells me an effort was exerted,
and with much enthusiasm.




i know it is easy
to be thankful for
good things. . .
but a life
of rich fulfillment
comes my way when am thankful,
also,
for the setbacks.





gratitude. . . a magic.

turns a negative into a positive






so am thankful,
also,
for my troubles
for i know,
for sure,
they will become my blessings.


thanks to ernst, my one and only brother and friend by serendipity, for whose love, i now have my logo & paulix, for whose art created this masterpiece - a stained glass signage at my farm

No comments: