Thursday, December 11, 2008

an ordinary day in ordinary time at my not so ordinary farm



today is a seemingly ordinary day in the endless stream of days of my life.
it passes like many others,
in routine tasks,
in haste,
in distracted thoughts,
and broken conversations.



but when i look closely,
listen hard,
i see this day,
an ordinary day in ordinary time at my not so ordinary farm,
as really a day of purpose.











i have to meet my members,
actually, i have been remiss of my duty to them as a leader,




what with all the other meetings i have to attend to,




and today,
i got a jolt with just a single question from one of them:
why are we meeting just now?

then it came to me, quite clearly:
i was given this day for reasons
other than my own.

now. . .

i see that this is no ordinary day at all.
the work set before me today will go unnoticed by most,
but that is not important.
it is my work,
and as i do this work,
his loving hand will touch me.
as i forget myself in loving another,
i will see him as never before,
and feel the power of his love.



and now. . .

that i have been shown the way,
i will wait eagerly
for each new day
as a day to grow in love,
in service,
in communion. . .

No comments: