Monday, December 24, 2012

simply. come

whenever christmas begins to burden, it is a sign that i have taken on something of the world, not of christ.
a farmer, i only want the simplest of christmas decor.  
so i looked for some weeds i can uproot, remove leaves from and turn into a christmas tree.  my old worn patchwork will do for a backdrop.  afterall, my motif this year is patchwork dreams - i am dreaming a lot of making beautiful patchworks, with my stash of used and discarded fabrics.
so i set out to do my theme, my three elves this year are all excited what our tableau would look like.  after it was done, lights and all, i sit back and make myself a cuppa and wonder, and be amazed how simple and easy it is to create the feel.  and the ease i did it with, my beautiful creation makes me wonder why there is always traffic and rush associated with this season that is supposed to be slow and peaceful and calm.  bwahahaha! 
 
 
 
from my working table, i can see the small F.A.R.M. beings from buttons i used to adorn my tree, and the fabric rosettes from discarded clothing that my rural women farmers have made.  
how lucky i am to have a hand-made christmas!  each and every detail touched by so many creative and willing hands.  i can even tell who made what. . .
i sit, sip and ponder. . .and i breathe.  exhale.  
my living life slow has been the way that made me see so much beauty!  and the slower i take, the more places i find joy in.
this season, i am grateful that i have laid down efforts and expectations, perfectionism and performance. . .and simply waited with arms and heart and eyes wide open!
simply.  come. . .

thank you!  ilysm!  i know you know it!  ♥ ♥ ♥
     

No comments: