Sunday, November 27, 2011

30. my trees

today i am thankful for my trees.
you, who created the universe,
the stars in the heavens
and the rivers here on earth,
bless me with the strength of the trees
that you have given me.
may my body and mind know the same vigour
that sustains, upholds and nourishes them
through the changing of seasons.

may my heart be as steadfast, unfaltering, committed and firm
in the storms of my life,
as the trees are through the storms
that come with time.
may the wounds 
caused by those storms heal, mend and restore,
just as the trees do.

may those around me draw comfort and strength form my presence
as i do from your creation, 
from the universe.

help me to understand, comprehend, appreciate
that just as the trees lose their leaves
and bare themselves
to the coldness of their winters,
the changes in my life will last for the season. . .

but that spring will surely come to me again.



ps. ilysm.  thank you for the colours.

No comments: