Monday, June 20, 2011

friendships and flowers


as i walked leisurely along the twisty paths of my farm,
i spotted a lot of different flowers blossoming this time of year. and to think it is not anymore may.
so my curiosity got the better of me and my hardworking legs carried me to more areas, not usually visited in my daily farm living.
it is such a surprise that i came across a lot of different flowers growing at the farm. how wonderful it is to be greeted by these beauties on this beautiful grey day.

my wonder, however, did not stop there. when i reached back my fave spot at the button hole, i contemplated, pondered and mused, as i usually do, and it occurred to me that flowers are much like my hotchpotch of friends.


there were tall, slender flowers, while others were short and plump. there were birds of paradise, bursting out boisterously, impossible to miss, while the shy irises swayed with the soft breeze, so modest and quiet, but exquisite.

the plumerias drew me because of their sweet fragrance, refreshing and pure. still others attracted me because of their weird and wonderful individuality.

i smiled as i realized that each flower was lovely in its own distinct way, just like my mishmash of friends.

some are tall. some are short. some are loud. some are quiet. some are sweet. some are, well, difficult to label.

but they all are lovely in their unique way, filling my life with splashes of colour, fragrance and beauty.

this time of year, as all else, is best time for cultivating flowers. and i make it a time for cultivating friendships, as well.

No comments: