Wednesday, August 6, 2008

i am ernst




with you,
i am a butterfly...
my wings of colors spread to take flight
i step out of my sanctuary...
with your gentle hands
holding me...
guiding me...
caressing me...

and letting me be...

with you,
i am just perfect...
my wrinkles
nestle my beautiful face...
my white hair
a milieu of my sad eyes
even my tears of sorrow...
they never make me less wonderful...

and you kiss me with deep affection
on my forehead...
teasing me fondly...

with you
i can never go wrong
i am faultless
with you I am perfect
but
am i?

bernadette de los santos
6 august 08

1 comment:

Ernst said...

This poem is telling more than the sum of sentences. The sentences tell more that the sum of words. There is a feeling of deep joy - and the need to have the unconditional acceptanced renewed again and again.