Saturday, November 15, 2008

of living alone and not caring much about it


i am alone, but never lonely. i do not need to live with loneliness, there are so many ways to keep myself from being lonely. the things that i like best is sitting on the verandah in the morning, with my mug of coffee and my sudoku puzzle book. no loneliness there! I am fortunate enough to be a good reader, so i lose myself in books. during christmas time it is a little harder, but this is the time that i write more. i do blogs about several different things. make friends on-line, they are not all bad, after all i am there.

family is very important to me, but i realized that not everyone has a family. if one has no family, one can still be alone, but not lonely. donate time, go to some day care center and teach kids art, go to a home for the aged, cheer up the folks there that have no family. visit a children's hospital, be a clown, i kid not, when i put on that clown face, suddenly, i am in a different world. i look funny, feel funny, but most importantly, it releases all my inhibitions so that i can be funny.

i love different cultures also, and it is so much fun to relate with people of different cultures and see just how unique we all are.

when i first started having online friends of varying cultures, what fun i had! and how educational! it is amazing how much you can find out about people just by asking. now, i believe i know a lot of cultures: german, swiss, scottish, indian, italian, australian, syrian, canadian, american.

another thing that can fend away loneliness is immersing myself in my collections, my crafts, my hobbies. . . my stamps, my buttons. there is always something to sort. . . especially my thoughts! how liberating!

just don't sit around and feel sorry for yourself. get up! get busy! get a fresh new outlook on life!

L I V E!

(again, and always,
my thanks to Ernst,
for making me "beautiful". . .
and letting me believe
and feel it. . .)

No comments: